Skip to main content

A Miracle Inside Fear

Written: May 12, 2017

These past few weeks have been one of the most fearful times of my life. It totally confuses me because in a normal person, it should be a time of celebration.

I am currently 7 weeks pregnant.

We found out at 5 weeks as I have my period on the dot. The second day of my missed period, I took the test.

Our family's biggest ongoing prayer request has come true.

In all honesty, my heart is grateful but my brain contradicts (nega, you might say). I feel that my body is not as strong as before. I feel every wave of nausea and fatigue washing through me and it totally drains me out. With Matteo, I felt nothing after waking and throwing up in the morning. I can walk from Greenbelt to the Ayala MRT with ease. I eat and eat. It has been totally different.

But one of my biggest fears is that the baby wont have a heartbeat. Having known people going through miscarriages, it has been on my mind nonstop. Catching the pregnancy early meant waiting for a couple of weeks before we can have a sonogram to check the baby's heartbeat. It drove me crazy. I kept asking my womb, are you ok in there?

Pretty much divebombing in faith? Sorry Lord.

Last Sunday, we having lunch with some friends and I felt a gush of something. No pain, just something. I checked and found that I discharged fresh blood. I went pale and my brain screamed, "we might have lost the baby". I never felt a wave of fear or sadness like that. As a mother, as a woman, I finally understood what it means.

God understood me and my fragility at that moment. Then He showed me a miracle.

We went to the hospital and had myself checked. No bleeding from the uterus, just from a cervical polyp. The next day, we had a sonogram and found the baby doing well with a thump thumping heart.

In my heart and soul (combined with lots of hormones) I felt a battle in the spiritual world shift, with the Lord marching forth, piercing through fear. Fear crippled me, it raised doubt in me, it made me weak. But the Lord has fought for my family even if I'm too weak to fight for them, I am so grateful to have a Father  who lifts me up, who is kind and loving, who is always there.

Grace.

After that, God spoke again in a very interesting devotional.

ANTI WORSHIP

The One Year Worship the King by Chris Tiegreen
Psalm 139:23-24

We are anxious by nature, frequently wondering how things will turn out for us. So what's wrong with being stressed?

Think of what our anxiety says about God. When we harbor, anxious thoughts, we are saying that the One who has promised to take care of our future(Jeremiah 29:11) might not do a good job at it. Our hearts actually slander Him when we dont trust His protection, His strength and His love. We dont mean to; were just anxious. But our anxiety can be awfully offensive.

Imagine a son lying awake at night wondering if his parents are going to feed him tomorrow. We who worship God cannot praise Him through insecurities. Our fears are a form of anti-worship- a clear declaration that our God might not have promised us enough, or might not be able through of what He promised. Yes, He will let us go through hard things, but never outside His timing or beyong His protection. So worship Him. And dont worry about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello! Welcome to my new home!

Image Source:  http://www.motherhoodthetruth.com/mommy-bloggers-of-the-world-unite/ If you think blogging is as easy as writing in paper, obviously you're not from this universe. Blogging takes a huge amount of time, especially when it comes to post processing pictures, putting in links, etc. I'm currently in a bind, because although I've been writing for some time under the Wordpress site, they have restrictions with ads and have a limited space for media. I tried compensating for this by using other sources like Flickr and creating a Tumblr space, but you see its so time consuming, and still very restricted. What finally pushed me to consider blogspot is when I was recently sponsored for a giveaway, which required a banner link and comments in the blog site. I have the banner link in my Tumblr but my readers are unfortunately unable to comment from there. I got to thinking, I'm just actively blogging for less than a year, so if I'm going to make a move,

Honor

There are things you do with great honor. Like fighting for your country. Serving the poor. Dying a martyr. But those are huge things. There are small stuff that makes you swell with pride. Here's a few of mine 1. Treating patients and they get better 2. Taking care of my child  3. Studying my a** off A few weeks ago, I was part of the entourage for two of our dearest friends, Wendy and Gj. We have witnessed most of their journey together as friends ( when they were so thick skinned and they didnt know how perfect they were for each other- seriously, its like you want to slap them again, and again until they break out their trance haha). But like everything in life, its all in God's perfect time, and sure enough that fateful day of Nov, 23, 2013, God let them have their happy ever after. I did forget to mention one small detail: their wedding was the day before my diplomate board exams. Crap, do i hate oral exams, given the fact that I almost failed my revalida during med schoo

There's a giveaway party going on in Tumblr!!!

Join me as I celebrate my first giveaway! Eight days to go! Oasap is giving away  special stuff for May! Head over to my Tumblr account for more details. Have a nice day! TBBMD