Skip to main content

The Kingdom is Here

Devotional

A Now and Future Kingdom
The One Year Worship the King
Chris Tiegreen

Read: Isaiah 65:17
 God has promised a new Kingdom. It will be dramatically different than the kingdom we've grown up with. In fact, He has already begun it. Jesus gave glimpses of it whenever He has taught, healed and forgave. He gave us glimpses of it even now, whenever he answers or prayers and grants us the pleasure of His presence. The new heavens and the new earth are a future promise with a present taste. Still, we often live a lot like the captive citizens of this fallen planet.

Are we?Of course not. We know God's promises and we depend on the. We've seen His mercy and known His love. The King is coming, and what He does when He comes will be amazing.

The problem for many of us is living the future glory in this present world.Basing our lives on one-day promises doesn't seem very realistic today. But doing so is one of the clearest ways we can honor God. We can go ahead and live His Kingdom's ethics, count on His Kingdom's plans, fit in His Kingdom's culture and learn His Kingdom's language. Most of all, we can rejoice, worshiping as if we were living in Revelation 22 even when we're still only lingering after the end of Acts.

Worshiping that way is our witness that He is who He says He is,  and that He will do what He says He will do, and that it will all be good. When we joyfully live as citizens of the coming Kingdom, conforming to all of it's character and falling in line with all its plans, we are a visible sign to the world that:
1. it fallen and there is a more glorious purpose for it
2. God is real, and His Kingdom is coming



Image source: lemerg.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello! Welcome to my new home!

Image Source:  http://www.motherhoodthetruth.com/mommy-bloggers-of-the-world-unite/ If you think blogging is as easy as writing in paper, obviously you're not from this universe. Blogging takes a huge amount of time, especially when it comes to post processing pictures, putting in links, etc. I'm currently in a bind, because although I've been writing for some time under the Wordpress site, they have restrictions with ads and have a limited space for media. I tried compensating for this by using other sources like Flickr and creating a Tumblr space, but you see its so time consuming, and still very restricted. What finally pushed me to consider blogspot is when I was recently sponsored for a giveaway, which required a banner link and comments in the blog site. I have the banner link in my Tumblr but my readers are unfortunately unable to comment from there. I got to thinking, I'm just actively blogging for less than a year, so if I'm going to make a move,

Honor

There are things you do with great honor. Like fighting for your country. Serving the poor. Dying a martyr. But those are huge things. There are small stuff that makes you swell with pride. Here's a few of mine 1. Treating patients and they get better 2. Taking care of my child  3. Studying my a** off A few weeks ago, I was part of the entourage for two of our dearest friends, Wendy and Gj. We have witnessed most of their journey together as friends ( when they were so thick skinned and they didnt know how perfect they were for each other- seriously, its like you want to slap them again, and again until they break out their trance haha). But like everything in life, its all in God's perfect time, and sure enough that fateful day of Nov, 23, 2013, God let them have their happy ever after. I did forget to mention one small detail: their wedding was the day before my diplomate board exams. Crap, do i hate oral exams, given the fact that I almost failed my revalida during med schoo

There's a giveaway party going on in Tumblr!!!

Join me as I celebrate my first giveaway! Eight days to go! Oasap is giving away  special stuff for May! Head over to my Tumblr account for more details. Have a nice day! TBBMD