Skip to main content

Inside the Sand Storm








I am standing in  the middle of a sand storm. No cover, no shield. The wind swirls in huge waves around me. It is howling in my ears and pounding me at my back. It is pressing me at all sides. The sand is everywhere, scratching my face, inside my clothes, my shoes. It's massive weight has blocked out the sun, engulfing me in darkness. It pierces my eyes and keeps them from opening.

I am pushed to the ground, feeling a sense of dread that it may slowly fill my lungs. I know that the sun is out there, but I cannot see it. I don't know how long before it ends, or if I have the strength to endure it.

In the middle of a sand storm. Crying, confused, anguished, determined.

 Clinging on a single solid rock.

The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. 
Psalm 18:2

Image source: http://www.vizrt.com/news/newsgrid/35339/Sand_storm_potential_forecasts_with_StormGeo__Viz_Weather

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello! Welcome to my new home!

Image Source:  http://www.motherhoodthetruth.com/mommy-bloggers-of-the-world-unite/ If you think blogging is as easy as writing in paper, obviously you're not from this universe. Blogging takes a huge amount of time, especially when it comes to post processing pictures, putting in links, etc. I'm currently in a bind, because although I've been writing for some time under the Wordpress site, they have restrictions with ads and have a limited space for media. I tried compensating for this by using other sources like Flickr and creating a Tumblr space, but you see its so time consuming, and still very restricted. What finally pushed me to consider blogspot is when I was recently sponsored for a giveaway, which required a banner link and comments in the blog site. I have the banner link in my Tumblr but my readers are unfortunately unable to comment from there. I got to thinking, I'm just actively blogging for less than a year, so if I'm going to make a move,

Honor

There are things you do with great honor. Like fighting for your country. Serving the poor. Dying a martyr. But those are huge things. There are small stuff that makes you swell with pride. Here's a few of mine 1. Treating patients and they get better 2. Taking care of my child  3. Studying my a** off A few weeks ago, I was part of the entourage for two of our dearest friends, Wendy and Gj. We have witnessed most of their journey together as friends ( when they were so thick skinned and they didnt know how perfect they were for each other- seriously, its like you want to slap them again, and again until they break out their trance haha). But like everything in life, its all in God's perfect time, and sure enough that fateful day of Nov, 23, 2013, God let them have their happy ever after. I did forget to mention one small detail: their wedding was the day before my diplomate board exams. Crap, do i hate oral exams, given the fact that I almost failed my revalida during med schoo

There's a giveaway party going on in Tumblr!!!

Join me as I celebrate my first giveaway! Eight days to go! Oasap is giving away  special stuff for May! Head over to my Tumblr account for more details. Have a nice day! TBBMD