Skip to main content

Wounds



THE GOD WHO WOUNDS
Source: The One Year: Worship the King by Chris Tiegreen


READ: Job 5:17-19; 6:1-4

Have you suffered wounds from God? We'd prefer never to know pain at His hands, but the Bible gives us no such promise. What we are promised is comforting, but much less relaxing than what we'd like to hear. We want a god who will always give us what we want and never give us hard lessons. We want to be conformed to the image of Jesus without the chisel that shapes us. But God's hand, though always good, isn't always easy. He takes us not only through joys and comfort, but also pain.
We could just ask our Living Lord. That sacred head once wounded has a testimony for us: Those who worship God yet live in the world will be traumatized by the contradictions between the two. Count on it. And it isn't just an unfortunate dynamic; the God we worship has ordained it. Whether for correction or for character, its' from Him.
Is that unsettling? Dont worry; His wounds are never deeper than they must be, and never beyond His ability to heal. In fact, He has promised to heal them But we must have them if He is to shape us. There's no way we can be like Jesus and yet wear no scars in this world.

The crucified Lord has a crucified church. It's the only path to resurrection.

No,  the christian life is by no means without pain. It cant be, not if it's real and if it exists in a hostile world. But neither is it without comfort and healing. Thats why we can worship a God who wounds as well as the God who restores. He knows what He is doing. HE IS PREPARING US FOR GLORY.

Claire: It is by no means a call for suffering, to look for suffering in your terms. In my reflection, it can shake you in two ways. First, if you are currently in a state of suffering, you can find peace and encouragement by the fact that it is God who instilled those wounds and is determined to heal them. He loves you and is with you throughout the journey. He will catch you when you fall.  The result is a wonderful, God molded character that in a thousand degrees outweighs the suffering. Second, I challenge you with this thought: Are we so comfortable with our current lives that there is no movement of the Holy Spirit at all? It is said that to worship God and live in this world there is a contradiction between the two. Do you feel the pull, the tug from both sides? Or maybe one side has won you over? 

I pray that the Lord will put us in a constant restlessness until we drop everything at His feet. 

TBBMD

Image source: http://www.americamagazine.org/issue/5136/editorial/thy-wounds-hide-me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honor

There are things you do with great honor. Like fighting for your country. Serving the poor. Dying a martyr. But those are huge things. There are small stuff that makes you swell with pride. Here's a few of mine 1. Treating patients and they get better 2. Taking care of my child  3. Studying my a** off A few weeks ago, I was part of the entourage for two of our dearest friends, Wendy and Gj. We have witnessed most of their journey together as friends ( when they were so thick skinned and they didnt know how perfect they were for each other- seriously, its like you want to slap them again, and again until they break out their trance haha). But like everything in life, its all in God's perfect time, and sure enough that fateful day of Nov, 23, 2013, God let them have their happy ever after. I did forget to mention one small detail: their wedding was the day before my diplomate board exams. Crap, do i hate oral exams, given the fact that I almost failed my revalida during med schoo

Hello! Welcome to my new home!

Image Source:  http://www.motherhoodthetruth.com/mommy-bloggers-of-the-world-unite/ If you think blogging is as easy as writing in paper, obviously you're not from this universe. Blogging takes a huge amount of time, especially when it comes to post processing pictures, putting in links, etc. I'm currently in a bind, because although I've been writing for some time under the Wordpress site, they have restrictions with ads and have a limited space for media. I tried compensating for this by using other sources like Flickr and creating a Tumblr space, but you see its so time consuming, and still very restricted. What finally pushed me to consider blogspot is when I was recently sponsored for a giveaway, which required a banner link and comments in the blog site. I have the banner link in my Tumblr but my readers are unfortunately unable to comment from there. I got to thinking, I'm just actively blogging for less than a year, so if I'm going to make a move,

There's a giveaway party going on in Tumblr!!!

Join me as I celebrate my first giveaway! Eight days to go! Oasap is giving away  special stuff for May! Head over to my Tumblr account for more details. Have a nice day! TBBMD